Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Master Horizon and Suffixes

July 10, 2015 03:28PM

I think most agricultural scientist and even pedologists misunderstand and confusing on the exact definition or meaning of soil layer and Soil horizon in Soil Taxonomy .Why ??
In my opinion Soil layer is an earthy plain continuous and parallel to soil surface ,characterized by only a morphological features distinguishing it from other layer , While the soil horizon is an one layer or more continuous and parallel to soil surface ,characterized by both morphological and micromorphological features distinguishing it from other horizon.
All layers and horizons where formed by the interaction affect of soil forming factors and soil forming presses. So soil layer not equal to soil horizon
So
1.The heading of this topic and in Keys to soil Taxonomy . page 335 should be :Designation for Soil Layers
2.M Layer in page 336 should be Omitted ,since this manner (situation) it appear in the suffixes d,m and x
3.Suffix a should change to e(End stage of decomposition ) ,e Suffix to i (Intermediate stage of decomposition) and suffix I to a pages 337-338.
4.o suffix should be omitted ,since it repeat in s suffix page 338
Subject Author Views Posted

Prof.Abughanm 2184 July 10, 2015 03:28PM

Re: Master Horizon and Suffixes

cditzler 2760 July 16, 2015 01:21PM

ttcf 744 July 17, 2015 09:21AM

cditzler 730 July 17, 2015 10:10AM

Prof.Abughanm 701 August 30, 2015 03:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login